Advanced Standing and Waiver with Replacement
Advanced Standing and Waiver with Replacement is only granted for the following courses listed, and is subject to all the criteria listed below, including that it will only be assessed before the program
- Advanced Standing in the IMBA does not shorten the length of the program; rather, it allows for a reduced course load or flexibility in elective choices
- please see ‘Course Duplication’ section for a full explanation prior to selecting courses
- Advanced Standing may be obtained for INTL 6060 9.00 Work Term. Eligible candidates must have at least 2 years full-time continuous corporate work experience in a country within their selected IMBA region of focus and have a minimum of Advanced-Mid level of Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) in their selected IMBA language at entry. Petitions must be submitted separately in writing to the IMBA Program Director
The Waiver with Replacement option is intended to provide students with greater flexibility in planning their course of study and to prevent their taking courses substantially similar to those they have already taken.
- Waivers with Replacement will not reduce the total number of credit-hours required for graduation; students will select additional elective courses to make up the total program
- Waiver with Replacement will be granted where applicants can demonstrate that they have obtained a B or better grade in a course which overlaps by at least 80% with a 5000 x.xx series Required Foundations of Management Core Course, and has been completed within the 10-year period prior to entry into the IMBA program; for students with a BComm or a BBA, Waiver with Replacement may be considered for the following courses: INTL 5100 3.00, INTL 5200 3.00, INTL 5220 3.00, and MKTG 5200 3.00, if significant international AND similar content can be demonstrated