The Schulich Master of Science in Business Analytics is an intensive and academically rigorous one year full-time program. It consists of two terms of course work that focus on developing the quantitative and technical skills the industry demands, coupled with the communication skills and strategic mind set to transform data into a competitive asset. The capstone of the program is a Major Research Project in which students focus on hands-on problem driven research, normally while working on a 12 week project with a company.
Graduates of the program will:
- Possess the skills required to apply advanced statistical analysis to gather and analyze data.
- Understand customer and transactional data and be able to translate it into more effective customer engagement strategies.
- Acquire the tools to distil big data in a clear and concise manner to support decision making.
- Be proficient in analytics tools, such as SAS.
- Hone presentation, data visualization, and communication skills needed to engage a variety of stakeholders on complex issues.
- Understand how to create value and enhance productivity in specific sectors and functional areas.
- Have an appreciation of theoretical and empirical academic research in business analytics.
- Be exposed to the constraints and opportunities of leveraging business analytics within the context of a real organization.
- Understand the ethical and legal ramifications of data gathering, particularly as they relate to privacy and data security.