To be eligible for consideration, each applicant to a graduate management degree or program must meet the general admission criteria outlined below.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
1. Each year the School will consider applications from a small number of mature students who do not possess an undergraduate degree. To be considered, an applicant in this group must have at least eight years of high quality management experience and must have demonstrated a strong upward progression in his or her career. Additional information regarding the non-baccalaureate category may be obtained by writing or calling the Division of Student Services and International Relations (416) 736-5060 and requesting an appointment with the Admissions Officer.
2. Candidates who have studied at an accredited degree granting institution in India, Nepal, Pakistan or Bangladesh must present the academic requirement(s) listed in one of the categories below:
a) Both a Bachelor's and Master's degree (First Class Standing);
b) Bachelor of Engineering degree (First Class Standing)
One full set of official transcripts must be sent directly from each university attended to the Schulich School of Business.
- An acceptable score on all four measurements of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Two years of relevant full-time work or life experience post degree.
- The Schulich School of Business operates entirely in English. The pace of study is rapid, and it is essential that students have high oral and written proficiency in English.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of English proficiency, with the exception of those who have studied for at least two years in a University where English is the language of instruction
- The Schulich School of Business will accept one of the following tests as evidence of English proficiency:
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language - Minimum score: 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based)
- IELT : International English Language Test - Minimum score: 7
- YELT: York (University) English Language Test - Score Required: 1
- It is essential that students be able to participate fully in class and contribute to small group discussions and analysis, and therefore a test that includes oral proficiency is preferred. The IELT does test oral proficiency. TOEFL does not test oral ability, and therefore, applicants may be required to be interviewed in person or by telephone.
- In special circumstances, admission to Schulich may be conditional upon taking an intensive English language course.
- All applicants are expected to be computer proficient and have access to computing equipment that can interface with the Schulich network through a plug-in connection. A good working knowledge of a word processing program and a standard spreadsheet program (e.g. enter data into a spreadsheet; manipulate data using simple functions; print out a formatted report; insert spreadsheet output into a text file).
Each candidate is judged on their own merits with due consideration given to the criteria set out above. The strength of the application is also assessed on other considerations including entrepreneurship, communication skills, creativity and innovation and other factors that may contribute to future success in business, government and the not-for-profit sector.
Please note that the Masters programs are offered on a full-time and part-time basis, commencing in both September and January. The Miles S. Nadal Management Centre (downtown location) is only available for first year, part-time MBA study and commences annually in September.
|Program Start Date||Canada and US Application Deadline||International Application Deadline|
|Fall (September) ||January 7 (early deadline)|
extended deadline - June 15
|January 7 (early deadline)|
February 28 (final deadline)
|Winter (January) ||September 1||September 1|
|Summer (May) |
Part-time Keele Campus only
|February 1||February 1|
** Please consider the length of time to be approved a student visa when submitting your application**
* to be considered for the first round of scholarships it is recommended that students submit their application to the program by January 7.
** to be considered for any remaining scholarships, it is recommended that students submit their application to the program as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLYING TO SCHULICH GRADUATE PROGRAMS:
- Decisions are made at intervals throughout the admission cycle. Schulich programs have limited enrolment and therefore space cannot be guaranteed. All applications submitted after the deadline date will be accepted on a space availability in the program.
- Scholarship consideration is given to those applicants who have submitted complete files by the application deadline dates. Those interested in being considered for all scholarships should submit their application early.
- International applicants are encouraged to submit their completed application package as early as possible to ensure that sufficient time is available to secure student authorization (visa). We advise all international applicants to contact the closest Canadian embassy at the time of application to obtain information on the visa processing time.
- The Schulich School of Business, Admissions unit will determine the academic qualifications for applicants who have degrees (or equivalence) from non-Canadian institutions.
Applicants must apply online to the Schulich School of Business. Official documents and supporting documentation should be sent to Graduate Admissions, Room W263B to the address below.
- A completed application form (including Supplementary Admissions Data)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal resume
- Official GMAT score (550 - 790)
- Supporting documentation, including official transcripts of previous academic work sent directly from the institution attended previously
- A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 US is required when applying online. Go here to apply online
Eligible applicants are sent an offer of admission. Once this offer has been received, applicants must confirm their intent to attend the Schulich School in a letter sent to Graduate Admissions, Schulich School of Business and make a non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be applied towards the applicant's academic fees in their first MBA term.
Confirmation of Acceptance
An offer of admission must be confirmed in writing within 30 days. Failure to do so will result in a withdrawal of the offer of admission. For all full-time students, a deposit of $2,500 CDN ($1,500 CDN for those applying to part-time) is required with the confirmation form. This deposit will be credited towards the student's first term tuition fees but is not refundable should the student decide not to register in our program.
Information and Inquiries
Schulich School of Business
Seymour Schulich Building
4700 Keele Street
Canada M3J 1P3
Tel: (416) 736-5060
Fax: (416) 650-8174
Tel: (416) 736-5059
Fax: (416) 650-8174