To be eligible for consideration, each applicant must meet the general admission criteria outlined below.
Each candidate is judged on their own merits with due consideration given to the criteria set out below. The strength of the application is also assessed on other considerations including entrepreneurship, communication skills, creativity and innovation and other factors that may contribute to future success in the financial sector.
All applicants are expected to be computer proficient and have access to computing equipment that can interface with the Schulich network through a plug-in connection. A good working knowledge of a standard spreadsheet program is required. Familiarity with a statistical software package (e.g., STATA, SAS, or SPSS) is an asset.
- Undergraduate honours degree from a recognized university in a related discipline such as economics, commerce or engineering
- Minimum B+ average in last two full years of study
- Strong background in economic theory, statistics, strong communication skills, full year of university-level calculus
Candidates who have studied at an accredited degree granting institution in India, Nepal, Pakistan or Bangladesh must present the academic requirement(s) listed in one of the categories below:
a) Both a Bachelor's and Master's degree (First Class Standing);
b) Bachelor of Engineering degree (First Class Standing)
One full set of official transcripts must be sent directly from each university attended to the Schulich School of Business.
GMAT or GRE Score
Acceptable scores on all GMAT or GRE measures. Test results over 5 years old will not be accepted
Relevant Work Experience
Preferred but not required
Three letters of reference – two of which must be from current or former professors
Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of English proficiency, with the exception of those who have studied for at least two years in a University where English is the language of instruction.
A minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based), 100 (iBT), IELTS 7.0 or YELT score of Band 1 or equivalent is required.
Apply online to the Schulich School of Business and submit:
Official documents and supporting documentation should be sent to Graduate Admissions, Room W263B to the address on the last tab.
- Application and supplementary essays
- Three recommendations sent directly to Schulich from referees
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (transcripts to be sent directly to Schulich from the issuing institution)
- Detailed résumé of employment history
- Application fee
- Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Interviews required on a select basis
Confirmation of Acceptance
Eligible applicants are sent an offer of admission. An offer of admission must be confirmed in writing within 30 days to Graduate Admissions, Schulich School of Business. Failure to do so will result in a withdrawal of the offer of admission. For all full-time students, a deposit of $2,500 CDN is required with the confirmation form. This deposit will be credited towards the student's first term tuition fees but is not refundable should the student decide not to register in our program.